Just realized that iTunes picked up Episode 31 instead of episode 32 on the latest post. I had to delete the enclosure in WordPress and then recreate it. Not sure what happened. If you subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, you may need to delete Episode 32 and then update. Sorry about that!
OK, holy crap. We expected this episode to be pretty short since Jim was not around to add his golden commentary, but we got to yappin’ and churned out almost an hour of content (I use that term loosely). So enjoy the show!
InfoSec News Update –
- Iran Shutters Google’s Gmail Service, offering own email for citizens – Link here
- Security Scoreboard – Link here
- Brian Kreb’s has blog post used by scammers – Link here and Sophos article link here
- The Death of Product Reviews (Mike Rothman at Securosis) – Link here
- TSA agent arrested for molestation – Link here
- Hacker threat forces DoH to close appraisal site (Political Activist?) – Link here
Everyone was here for this episode (meaning Dan, Jim, and Michael), and it was pretty much on schedule this time. We do the normal cutting up, then talk about news and start discussing stuff. Then Dan puts the hurt down on some developer geek speak. You will definitely learn from stuff from this episode (as opposed to the drivel you get from most of our episodes). Very good stuff.
BTW, the format of the posts are changing just a bit. While the podcast player will stay where it usually is at the top of the post, the link to the file will now be below the posts. This is changing because when iTunes picks up the text from the feed, it throws the “Link to MP3″ text at the top, and it looks weird when looking at the show description in iTunes. Just a minor change really, but just wanted to point it out here in case that is where you grab the file. OK, now on to the show!
InfoSec News Update –
- Hacker Cracks 49 House Sites and Insults Obama – Link Here
- 17 Year Old Vulnerability – Link Here
- 77K Risk Data Loss in Alaska – Link Here
- SEC Workers Surfing Pr0n – Link Here / BREAK.COM VIDEO Link
- If your password is 123456, just make it HACKME – Link Here
- ID Thieves Successfully Targeting Wealth Victims – Link Here
Discussion Topic #1 – Laptops on Hostile Networks – Link Here
Discussion Topic #2 - DK’s Web App Security Minute… and then some
- Remote File Include Attacks – Link Here / DK’s Info Page
- Larry Suto’s New Web App Scanner Review Report - Link Here
- Intro/Outro – Digital Breaks – “Therapy”
- Segway 1 – Nathan Lee – “Hold Me Down”
- Segway 2 – Building Rome – “Bored”
- Segway 3 – Devo Spice – “I’m Not Your Personal IT Guy”